Top SourceAmerica Stories of 2021
Throughout 2021, SourceAmerica® has highlighted a variety of amazing stories. From Day in the Life profiles of AbilityOne® Program employees to educational pieces about accessibility and new assistive technology, we have shared a steady stream of cool content.
Earlier this month, our SourceAmerica team members voted on their favorite stories from this year. Check out our countdown of their top five picks:
- #5 – Everyone needs a helping hand now and again! In May, we shared how innovative technology lends a hand with the Glove Assist at SourceAmerica network nonprofit agency Ka Lima O Maui.
- #4 – What beats having a fulfilling career? Having a fulfilling career and a best friend on the job! We introduced you to a dynamic duo helping to support our nation’s essential functions through SourceAmerica network nonprofit agency The Corporate Source.
- #3 – In November, we brought you the story of an AbilityOne employee who earned the nickname “Mr. Personality” on the job. Check out a Day in the Life of Donald Dotson and learn how this veteran is making a difference with Bayaud Enterprises.
- #2 – We already knew that AbilityOne Program employees are out-of-this-world dedicated to their jobs. In 2021, we brought you highlights of how Brevard Achievement Center team members with disabilities are supporting NASA’s space mission at Kennedy Space Center.
- #1 – Some people just grab our hearts and hold on tight. U.S. Army veteran, Purple Heart recipient, and AbilityOne employee Larry Robinson is that kind of guy. We first met Larry when he was recognized with the SourceAmerica Honor Roll for Veterans Award, and we couldn’t resist catching up with this veteran and hero again about his life and work with the Tommy Nobis Center.
Want to check out more great stories about AbilityOne employees, SourceAmerica, and our nonprofit network? Visit our Newsroom on SourceAmerica.org!