SourceAmerica for Veterans
Honoring Your Service. Valuing Your Unique Skills. Connecting You to Our Nationwide Network.
SourceAmerica® connects veterans with disabilities to our nationwide network of nonprofit agencies looking for talented employees like you—veterans with specialized skills and a proven dedication to duty. These nonprofit agencies also have the resources to provide military-to-civilian employment transition assistance, job training, career counseling and other services to boost on-the-job success.
SourceAmerica’s nonprofits employ veterans in these and other lines of business:
- Administrative Services
- Vehicle Management & Operations
- Supply Chain Management & Warehouse Services
- Contact Center & IT Services
- Total Facilities Management
- Food Service
These positions typically provide benefits such as: health, dental, and life insurance; pension plans; sick leave; vacation pay, and paid holidays.
SourceAmerica Speakers Bureau Opportunities for Veterans
SourceAmerica provides inspirational speakers for meetings, conferences, and special events. Many are military veterans who exemplify the talent and achievements of people with disabilities both in and out of the workplace. If you are interested in learning more about the program or becoming a speaker yourself, visit SourceAmerica Speakers Bureau or contact us at MarketingCommunications@SourceAmerica.org.
Tools to Support Your Job Search
- American Job Centers
- American Legion
- Disabled American Veterans
- Feds Hire Vets
- Generation T: Skilled Jobs and Training
- GI Jobs
- Hire Heroes USA
- Hiring Our Heroes
- Iraq and Afghanistan Veterans of America
- IRS Veteran Employment Options
- Military Order of the Purple Heart
- National Association of State Directors of Veterans Affairs
- Paralyzed Veterans of America
- SourceAmerica Job Board
- U.S. Department of Labor Veterans’ Employment Training Services (DOLVETS)
- Vet Jobs
- Wounded Warrior Project
Translating the military terminology on your resume into civilian wording can be challenging. There are numerous resources to assist you with this task and to ensure that your skillsets and areas of expertise are highlighted.
Learn more about legal and financial resources for veterans to help you and your family.
- Consumer Financial Protection Bureau (CFPB)-Your Money, Your Goals
- How Much Are Your Skills Worth: Job Search Intelligence
- How to Negotiate Other Benefits When the Salary Offer's Low—A Handy Template
- Legal Services Corporation—Find Legal Aid
- Make the Connection
- Military Spouse Interstate License Recognition Options
- National Veterans Legal Services Program
- Operation We Are Here
- Penfed Foundation: Disabled American Veterans—Emergency Financial Assistance
- Salary Calculator
- Spouse Education & Career Opportunities—Military One Source: Prepare for Your Job Search and Manage Challenges in the Workplace
Military.com Veteran Hiring Pledge
"We hereby pledge our commitment to actively hire veterans of the U.S. Armed Forces. We value and recognize the leadership, training, character and discipline that our veterans and members of the National Guard and Reserve bring to our company and the American workforce."Visit Military.com Veterans Jobs
Virginia Values Veterans Official V3 Certified Company
The V3 Program helps employers develop and implement long-term strategies and nationally recognized best practices in recruiting, hiring, and retaining Veterans.Visit Virginia Value Veterans V3 Program
Contact Us Today
For over 40 years, SourceAmerica has connected people with disabilities to employment opportunities on federal contracts, and more recently, in the private sector. This commitment extends to veterans, and we are proud of the work we do to help transfer their military skills to other fields as they make the transition to civilian life.
If you’re a veteran looking to be connected to potential employers, resources, and opportunities in your area, visit our Employment Resources page.