Submit an Achievement Award Nomination
This year, you have the choice of submitting either a written essay or video recording to detail your nominee’s outstanding achievements. Written essays should be no longer than one page, single spaced, and video recordings should be no longer than two minutes. No matter the format you choose, submissions MUST address the required elements for that specific award. Submissions that do not address the required elements will not be considered. Written and recorded submissions will be given equal consideration, so choose the format that works best for you!
Before completing an award nomination form, it's important to review all categories and eligibility guidelines to ensure your nomination meets the requirements. Select the correct award category and complete the nomination form.
After you've entered all required information, click the Submit button. You will receive a confirmation of your submission. If you do not receive a confirmation notification, contact us at AchievementAwards@SourceAmerica.org.
The final submission deadline is September 22.
- William M. Usdane Award - Celebrates an AbilityOne® Program employee with a disability who has exhibited outstanding achievement and exceptional character.
- Evelyne Villines Award - Honors an individual with a disability who has advanced from work on an AbilityOne® contract into management (supervisory or leadership) within the nonprofit agency, or into private or government employment.
- Honor Roll for Veterans Award - Pays tribute to an AbilityOne employee and veteran with a service-related disability who has exhibited outstanding achievement in her/his work.
- Tom Miller Advocacy Award - Recognizes an AbilityOne employee with a disability who has demonstrated outstanding achievement and remarkable passion for self-advocacy on a local, state, and/or national level.
- Innovation Award - Honors a nonprofit agency in the SourceAmerica network that developed innovative work methods, products, or services during the last 24 months.
- Government Contracts Award - Recognizes a nonprofit agency for excellence in AbilityOne® contract performance while serving as an example to other nonprofit agencies.
Business Partnership Award
- Honors a small to large commercial business that has partnered with a SourceAmerica-affiliated nonprofit agency to increase employment opportunities for people with disabilities.
- Federal Customer Award - Honors a federal customer who has provided opportunities and support for the employment of people with disabilities through an AbilityOne® contract for products or services.
- Military Customer Award - Pays tribute to a military customer who has provided opportunities and support for the employment of people with disabilities through an AbilityOne® contract for products or services.
- Milton Cohen Leadership Award - Pays tribute to an individual within the AbilityOne® community of nonprofit agencies, or anyone previously retired within the past year, who has shown national leadership within or on behalf of the AbilityOne® Program, made an impact across the entire AbilityOne® community, and increased employment opportunities for people with disabilities.
- Management Excellence Award - Celebrates individuals who have displayed excellence in leadership in the management of an AbilityOne® participating nonprofit agency and significantly advanced employment opportunities for people with disabilities. Three winners will be selected from among SourceAmerica's six regions.