Top 5 ways to recognize National Nonprofit Day
August 17 is National Nonprofit Day – a chance to recognize the goals and positive impacts nonprofits have on our communities and the world.
SourceAmerica® is proud to work with an amazing network of more than 700 nonprofits across the U.S. to create meaningful employment opportunities for professionals with disabilities, so National Nonprofit Day is especially meaningful for us!
Here are 5 ways we recommend celebrating National Nonprofit Day this year:
- Learn more about a nonprofit in your area that helps create jobs for individuals with disabilities. Find one using the SourceAmerica nonprofit locator.
- Follow nonprofits that support the disability community on social media. Hint: start with SourceAmerica. You can find us on Facebook (@SourceAmerica), Twitter (@SourceAmerica) and LinkedIn (@SourceAmerica).
- After you follow the nonprofits of your choice, share their websites or social media handles with your networks! Use #NationalNonprofitDay to join in the online conversation.
- Advocate! Ask your members of Congress to back legislation supporting these nonprofit agencies. Suggestion: try asking them to become AbilityOne® Congressional Champions!
- Tell your story! Use your voice on social media to share how a nonprofit has affected your life. Don’t forget to use #NationalNonprofitDay so others can find your message.
Tell us how you’ve decided to celebrate National Nonprofit Day on social media or via email at email@example.com. We may share your message!
Enjoy this? You might like these stories, too: