Ten fun facts about the SourceAmerica network
The more than 700 nonprofits in the SourceAmerica® network are diverse, filled with talents, and provide employment opportunities for people with disabilities.
While you may already know that nearly 40,000 people with disabilities are employed through the U.S. AbilityOne® Program (one of the largest sources of employment for people with significant disabilities in the United States!), we’ve found 10 interesting facts that may pique your interest.
- The longest-standing producing nonprofit agency in the SourceAmerica network is Easterseals Capital Region & Eastern Connecticut, Inc. The organization joined our network in July 1972!
- Ohio Valley Goodwill Industries joined our network in October 2020, making the organization one of the newest additions to the SourceAmerica team.
- You can find a nonprofit agency affiliated with SourceAmerica in 48 out of the 50 states. However, there are active projects in 54 states and territories!
- Peckham Vocational Industries employs 1,793 people with disabilities through the AbilityOne Program - the most out of any other nonprofit agency in our network.
- Every nonprofit agency supports customers by offering specialized products and services. However, CW Resources has the most variety with 13 distinct lines of business that currently support the program.
- The longest-standing project in the SourceAmerica network is held by BH Services, Inc. The organization has provided janitorial services to the federal government in Rapid City, South Dakota since August 1974.
- Goodwill Industries of Southeastern Wisconsin has the project employing the most people with disabilities. Their employees provide food and logistics services to the Great Lakes Naval Station in Illinois!
- SourceAmerica has seven active projects in Guam. The contracts are fulfilled by two nonprofit agencies - iCan Resources, Inc. and Pacific Ability Resources, Inc.
- CW Resources has active projects in 23 states, the most states covered by any single nonprofit agency in the SourceAmerica network.
- Goodwill Industries of South Florida is the nonprofit agency with the most active projects. The organization currently has 72 active projects.
BONUS FACT: Through the AbilityOne Program, our nonprofit network boasts more than 25 operating lines of business and 2,746 active projects!
From the agency that has been with us the longest to the one that most recently joined us, every organization in our network help us achieve our mission of employing people with disabilities! Together, we are a force for change across the nation.
Test your SourceAmerica trivia skills here!
To find a nonprofit agency that employs people with disabilities in your state.
To learn more about how your company can work with our nonprofit network to employ people with disabilities, please contact firstname.lastname@example.org.
Enjoy this? You might like these stories, too: