Grassroots Advocacy Conference Training
Self-Advocates should connect with their Nonprofit Agency to register for the below trainings. Here's some of what’s in store:
- May 30: Introductions to each other and the Self Advocated Training and Grassroots Advocacy Training and Conference and Hill Visits
- June 1: Introduction to Advocacy
- June 20: Describing and sharing my disability with others
- June 22: The importance of my job
- August 8: Creating and telling my story
- August 15: Speaking with my Legislators and Asking for the Order
- August 17: Preparing to speak on Capitol Hill – tips and how to guide
If there were trainings that were missed, self-advocates can find the recordings of each session on the Academy two weeks after the training date.
Conference Informational Webinars
Mark your calendars! We will host two information sessions to cover conference logistics and answer questions on July 25 and September 7. You will be able to select the one that's best for your schedule; replay links will be sent out if you cannot join live.
- July 25 Replay - Use this link to watch the replay of the July 25 information session Passcode: q4xq^X3b
- September 7 at 3 p.m. ET - Use this link to attend the September 7 information session
Google Chrome is the recommended internet platform to access the trainings. Download it here if you do not currently have it set up on your computer. Mozilla Firefox or Safari will also work with the platform. Internet Explorer and Edge are not compatible with our systems.
Make sure that your systems meet our minimum requirements below. You can test your internet speed, firewall, operating system, web browser, microphone, and webcams that you will need to use during the training here!
If you have any questions about technology requirements or the 2023 Grassroots Conference, contact us at Advocacy@SourceAmerica.org. If you have questions or issues with the SourceAmerica Academy, reach out to the Academy team at Academy@SourceAmerica.org.