All nominees should be willing to actively and passionately engage with the current Board to help govern SourceAmerica. The Governance Committee has defined the need for diversity of skill sets and perspectives delineated below:
- Individuals who contribute to the Board's diversity of race, national origin, religion, age, color, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, disability, protected veteran status or any other characteristics protected by local, state, or federal laws, rules or regulations.
- Disability advocates to include people with disabilities who have experience and connections with broader (non-AbilityOne) disability employment fields such as with Special Olympics and/or other disability advocacy groups.
- Individuals who have an understanding and/or connections with commercial business, particularly those businesses who hire individuals with disabilities.
- Well-respected and recognized individuals with key connections to senior federal officials, Congressional members and their staff.
- Those individuals with key experience including:
- Commercial business development;
- Brand and marketing;
- Board governance, grant and/or foundation experience; and
- Federal contracting experience.
- Self-advocates with disabilities or family and/or friends with disabilities.
- Individuals with military service and/or Veterans Affairs experience.
- Experience as a small business owner.
- Workforce development experience including but not limited to experience in the field of competitive integrated employment.
- Public policy experience.
If you have specific questions or need assistance, please email Board.Inquiries@SourceAmerica.org.