Sharing moments of gratitude
Thanksgiving is the perfect time to reflect on the many blessings that enrich our lives each day. We have compiled some of our favorite moments of gratitude from across the SourceAmerica® nonprofit network in 2021. Check them out!
- David Kendrick, Inclusion Advocate for SourceAmerica Speakers Bureau – “I gave my very first speech as a member of the Speakers Bureau in Washington, D.C. And while I had previously spoken in front of small groups, and was comfortable doing so, the opportunity to speak in the nation’s capital was overwhelming. About 200 people were in the room and all eyes were on me. I was nervous, but after I completed the first sentence the words just flowed. As soon as I finished, people were lining up to shake my hand, thank me for my service, and ask me questions. Right then I knew the advocacy work I was doing for SourceAmerica was so important.”
- Laura Boyd, Team Member at SourceAmerica Network Nonprofit ECHO – Laura says her job gives her an opportunity to see and talk to people. “When they say, ‘thank you,’ it makes me feel good.”
- Art Gonzales, Project Manager and Supervisor on a VTC AbilityOne® Contract – “I have been rewarded by the gratitude I receive from [AbilityOne Program employees]. They thank me every day and say they want to make sure I am happy with their performance because they like their jobs. They make me smile, and I tell them they are doing a great job and I want them to be happy, too. It’s a win-win for all of us.”
- Lillian Estes, Team Member at SourceAmerica Network Nonprofit PCSI and Speakers Bureau Inclusion Advocate – “I am so thankful and grateful that SourceAmerica opened an avenue that allowed me to thrive and flourish. Becoming an advocate as part of the Speakers Bureau has allowed me to feel supported and encouraged. Along the way, I worked loyally and faithfully and have been consistently promoted in my job. I have contributed to the success of my company, and I also know that I am part of the solution to help other people with disabilities find their voices and places in the workforce.”
- Jamie Owen, Team Member at SourceAmerica Network Nonprofit Transylvania Vocational Services – “TVS is a good job. It has changed my life ever since I came here. Thanks to the different job tasks, I am happy that I can keep working with my favorite people here for years to come.”
SourceAmerica is both thankful and proud to work with an amazing network of nearly 700 nonprofit agencies across the U.S. Find more reasons to feel grateful by checking out our Success Stories and Videos.
Enjoy this? You might like these stories, too: