Steps to Success
QWE Practice Guideline: 110 – Design and implement a range of training programs to improve productivity, enhance wages, and optimize job success
Target group: Organizations supporting and/or employing individuals with disabilities
The Steps to Success participant development program is designed to assist and support individuals seeking to develop and/or reestablish hard skills, interpersonal skills, work behaviors, and functional capabilities to achieve positive employment outcomes.
Subject matter experts/trainers
- Mission coach and site supervisors with teaching and employee development experience
- Technology to project power point presentations, access to Google Suite
- Participants attend during their normal work schedule
- Mission coach administers soft skills pretests, adjoining trainings, and final soft skills exams.
- Training is administered through verbal instruction, visual instruction (through power point), and/or accommodated to the individual employee’s best learning techniques.
- Site supervisors administer a hard skills assessment per employee through Google Forms.
- Scores are combined and each employee is assigned a lanyard color based on their combined scores.
- Lanyard ceremony follows the Steps to Success process to celebrate employee achievements/progress.
- Individual employee goals are established during the Steps to Success process, which can include personal goals and employment goals related to lanyard level.
- Goal documentation and scores for Steps to Success housed in ETO (Efforts to Outcomes) and DOMO.
- Soft skills trainings on specific topics that are relevant to the work environment, including customer satisfaction, good stewardship, respect in the workplace, informed decision making, and continuous improvement.
- Hard skills assessment on specific janitorial skills.
- Individuals: Employee development with the potential to skill up to team lead level and above. Individualized employee assessment of skills. Potential achievement of identified goals.
- Organization: Internal promotions, ability to identify potential leadership staff.
NPA: Goodwill Commercial Services/Goodwill of Central and Southern Indiana Location: Indianapolis, IN Date Submitted: 2022 Website: https://goodwillbusiness.org/ https://www.goodwillindy.org/
Resources: Quality Work Environment Workbook