QWE Practice Guideline: 420: Provide a healthy and safe environment
Target group: Any organization employing individuals with disabilities
Employee safety is important to every business, and Crossroads Industrial Services offers an excellent integrated model to consider.
- Subject matter experts/trainers
- Staff to manage reporting and tracking of safety procedures
- Safety equipment as required by contracts and law
- As part of Crossroads Industrial Service's internal safety program, the management team reviews any safety incidents including near misses, accidents requiring first aid, and recordable injuries daily at their morning huddle meeting.
- Management also visits the scene of any safety incident.
- Each week staff members conduct a 5-S audit rotating through each department in the plant looking for ways to improve the safety of the workplace for their employees.
- The 5-S approach consists of sort, set in order, shine, standardize, and sustain. Crossroads Industrial Services also holds quarterly safety meetings, with participation from staff including employees with significant disabilities.
NPA: Crossroads Industrial Services Location: Indianapolis, IN Date Submitted: 2011 Website: https://www.crossroadsindustrialservices.com/
Resources: Quality Work Environment Workbook