QWE Practice Guideline: 134: Establish and sustain organizational commitment to Assistive Technology
Target group: Any organization employing and/or supporting the employment of individuals with disabilities
A Rehabilitation Technologist is on staff to assess technology and accommodation needs, then make recommendations.
Subject matter experts/trainers
- Staff member with knowledge of Assistive Technology and assessing needs.
- Certification in assistive technology preferred
- Budget dedicated to Rehabilitation Technologist (or similar) position.
- The Rehabilitation Technologist meets with employees with disabilities individually to discuss the challenges they face and how it impacts the type of work they do daily.
- The Rehabilitation Technologist creates an evaluation and makes recommendations as to what is needed and what should be purchased.
NPA: Huntsville Rehabilitation Foundation (Phoenix) Location: Huntsville, AL Date Submitted: 2013 Website: https://www.phoenixhsv.org/
Resources: Quality Work Environment Workbook