On-Site Fitness Program
QWE Practice Guideline: 420: Provide a healthy and safe work environment
Target group: Any organization supporting and/or employing individuals with disabilities.
An exercise program is made available to any consumers, employees, and their families, both during and after the workday.
Subject matter experts/trainers
- Fitness and health experts
- Exercise equipment
- Staff time to monitor fitness facility and provide training
- A fully equipped fitness facility was developed on the worksite.
- All consumers, employees, and their family members have access to the fitness facility.
- Hours of operation are provided during and after the workday.
- An on-site fitness facility often provides the only exercise opportunity some employees have access to and can take advantage of on a regular basis.
- For employees with disabilities, the fitness facility also provides training and nutritional support.
NPA: Beacon Group Location: Tucson, AZ Date Submitted: 2011 Website: https://www.thebeacongroup.org
Resources: Quality Work Environment Workbook