Modular Arrangement of Predetermined Time Standards (MODAPTS)
QWE Practice Guideline: 120: Create a work culture that enhances productivity through performance measurement and business development.
Target group: All organizations that employ persons with disabilities in a manufacturing or service environment.
Implement the MODAPTS process into production work to ensure maximum productivity and efficiency.
Understanding of the MODAPTS model
- Information on the MODAPTS model may be found at: https://www.eisbrennerpg.com/
Subject matter experts/trainers
- Staff member trained in use of process or consultant.
- Training and implementation budget.
- QWE Grant funding up to $7500 is applicable to this practice.
- Implementation of the MODAPTS model aiding in accurately and effectively measure productivity on a products contract. MODAPTS aids in determining reasonable expectations for the time required to complete a defined task by a typical operator.
- Used MODAPTS to determine:
- Methods that are most efficient for performing each assembly, packaging, and material handling task.
- The most suitable layout and location of each workstation to maximize throughput per square foot of floor space and allow each person to work at their personal pace.
- Equipment and fixtures that are best suited for each task.
- The fair standard amount of time allowed to complete each task.
NPA: ECVC Location: Greenville, NC Date Submitted: 2011 Website: https://www.ecvcinc.com/
Resources: Quality Work Environment Workbook