QWE Practice Guideline: 310 – Partner with organizations and peers in the local community.
Target group: Any organization employing and/or supporting individuals with disabilities
A strong and cooperative relationship was developed with the local media outlets.
Subject matter experts/trainers
- Staff with knowledge of local media sources, networking, fund raising, and public relations
- Time for dedicated position staff
- A Director of Development was hired to address public relations needs and complete fund raising.
- The Director of Development focuses on fund raising opportunities and relationship building with local media outlets.
- Relationship building with local media outlets is conducted regularly to ensure connections are maintained.
- This allows the organization to share relevant information and get unbiased coverage
- Policies and procedures for public relations and community interactions
- Ensure the Director of Development is trained on all policies and procedures, has annual training, and completes skill building professional development trainings
- Individuals benefit from increased employment opportunities, positive experience sharing personal stories, and connecting with the community
- Organizational benefits include the promotion of the organizations mission, connection to the community, increase in referrals, increase in business opportunities, and increase in donations.
NPA: Beacon Group Location: Tucson, AZ Date Submitted: 2012 Website: https://beacongroup.org/
Resources: Quality Work Environment Workbook