Job Wanted Posters
QWE Practice Guideline: 212: Communicate career development information and advancement opportunities in a range of accessible formats for employees with disabilities.
Target group: Any organization supporting the employment of individuals with disabilities
Jobs Wanted Posters have the pictures and brief descriptions of the types of employment they are seeking.
Subject matter experts/trainers
- Staff or third party with knowledge of how to develop marketing materials in poster form
- Printer that can handle poster type documents
- Poster board
- The posters are displayed at the entrance of ODC and throughout the building.
- Included are "success" banners across the pictures of individuals who have been successful in finding jobs.
- As more stakeholders are made aware of specific people who are looking for jobs, the number of contacts and connections are increased leading to greater employment possibilities and options.
- Celebrating the success of job searches further promotes interest for other individuals to attempt community employment.
- The posters also invigorate and motivate other people with a disability who want their pictures on the wall.
- Individual: Consumers are interested in and motivated to move to community employment.
- Organization: Generates awareness by potential employers of ODC as a resource for potential employees with disabilities. Generates greater awareness of ODC’s community employment programs.
NPA: ODC Location: Wisconsin Rapids, WI Date Submitted: 2012 Website: https://www.odcinc.com/
Resources: Quality Work Environment Workbook