External Safety Inspections
QWE Practice Guideline: 420: Provide a healthy and safe environment
Target group: All organizations that employ persons with disabilities
Crossroads Industrial Services (CIS) has an external safety program that includes regular inspections by INSafe, a division of the Indiana Department of Labor that works with organizations and corporations to ensure workplace health and safety.
Subject matter experts/trainers
- Trained safety staff and third-party organizations
- Safety equipment required by OSHA, contracts, and any other standards
- INSafe is a division of the Occupational Safety and Health Administration (OSHA).
- Inspections are held at Crossroads every two years.
- On a recent visit, the inspector made special note of the CIS forklift inspection check sheet as a best practice because it is completed daily.
- Using INSafe helps CIS proactively ensure that they are exceeding OSHA standards to provide a safe work environment for employees with significant disabilities.
NPA: Crossroads Industrial Services Location: Indianapolis, IN Date Submitted: 2011 Website: https://www.crossroadsindustrialservices.com/
Resources: Quality Work Environment Workbook