Employee Safety and Wellness
QWE Practice Guideline: 420: Provide a healthy and safe environment
Target group: All organizations that employ persons with disabilities
Safety and wellness offerings for all staff with extension of a safe environment for customers and visitors.
- Safety/Wellness Manager to develop and implement offerings as well as maintain documentation.
- Agency-wide safety program that is fully supported by organizational leadership
- Safety program includes:
- Representative safety committee
- Safety coordinator for each of 50+ sites
- Tracking and communicating key measures, results, and corrective actions
- Monetary and non-monetary recognition and incentives for safety performance
- Safety training is comprehensive and meets OSHA guidelines
- Safety training is conducted once a month
- System is in place to track employee participation
- Agency-wide wellness offerings that include programs for personal health management, such as smoking cessation, physical fitness, weight loss, etc.
- Standard operating procedures for all safety requirements
- Training curriculum and participation tracking
- Job aids in workspaces
- Creates a culture of safety
- Decreases occupational injury
NPA: Goodwill Easter Seals - Miami Valley Location: Dayton, OH Date Submitted: 2013 Website: https://gesmv.org/
Resources: Quality Work Environment Workbook