Disability Employment and Inclusion Program Guide
QWE Practice Guideline: 162 – Empower employees with disabilities to maximize their employment potential.
Target group: Any organization seeking to develop a robust work environment that supports the inclusion of people with disabilities and sets employees up for success.
Poses Family Foundations Workplace Initiative has developed a guide for organizations to use in building an inclusive disability employment program, including development, implementation, and management of the program.
- This guide offers 7 phases to define and layout for an Inclusive Disability Employment Program. Resources are also offered for further research and support. View the full guide.
- The 7 phases of the guide are:
- Business Case – confirm the importance of hiring people with disabilities utilizing data
- Defining Your Initiative – develop a clear purpose for hiring people with disabilities and ensure it aligns with the organization's culture and vision
- Planning Process – define program objectives, organizational readiness, and the design of the program
- Community Partners – discover program partners from the local community and determine the best way to collaborate with them
- Building Your Culture – develop a plan to communicate and market the program both internally and externally
- Screening and Reviews – consider how to navigate the process of screening job applicants and reviewing performance
- Measuring Success – establish metrics for evaluating the success of the program
- Utilizing this guide should lead to improved program outcomes including increased recognition of diversity and inclusion as a company value, provision of effective accommodations to employees, and an increased qualified talent pool.
NPA: The Poses Family Foundation Location: New York City, NY Date Submitted: 2022 Website: http://www.posesfamilyfoundation.org
Resources: Quality Work Environment Workbook