Why Should You Partner with a Student Team in the SourceAmerica Design Challenge?
- Improve employee productivity
- Increase efficiency; reduce material waste
- Explore possibility of a new line of business
- Increase visibility in the community via local media coverage
- Develop new relationships with local schools
- Travel to Washington, DC to participate in the Design Challenge Finals Event (for nonprofit agencies associated with finalist teams)
- Win monetary awards and additional SourceAmerica training incentives (presented to nonprofit agencies associated with finalist teams)
How It Works
You or another nonprofit agency representative will identify a workplace obstacle or an area of opportunity for improvement and explain it to the Design Challenge team that is working with you. The Design Challenge team, which will include students, coaches and an employee with a disability from your agency, will then create an invention that addresses the workplace obstacle or opportunity.
Participating in the Design Challenge is a win-win for all involved.
In class, you talk about theoretical stuff…and so being able to have a physical object that you can see is actually helping someone, and you can get actual data and numbers that prove that you’re actually helping…you know, it's doing what it's supposed to do, was incredible. It's no longer theoretical, it's actual situations.
2018 Design Challenge Student Participant
- Contact the Design Challenge program manager, Charissa Garcia, or fill out the form below
- Check out our FAQs
- Find a school or college to team up with by contacting schools directly
- Schedule a site visit and tour at your agency for the students
- Introduce the students to your agency's team
- Provide a contact person or contact information so students can ask questions and arrange for testing of their device
If you are interested in more information, please fill out the form and someone will be in touch soon.