SourceAmerica Announces National Achievement Award Judges
Vienna, VA – Jan. 16, 2014: SourceAmericaTM, a national nonprofit that provides employment opportunities for nearly 125,000 people with significant disabilities, today announced the judges for their annual National Achievement Awards Program. This year's judges included award-winning and respected representatives from throughout the disability community and academia nationwide.
- Laurie Ahern Disability Rights International
- Eladio Amores Corporate Consultant, Florida Department of Education, Division of Vocational Rehabilitation
- David Brewer Senior Extension Associate, Cornell University’s Employment and Disability Institute
- Yoshiko Dart Advocate for Disability Justice
- Rodger L. DeRose President and CEO, Kessler Foundation
- Andrew Imparato Executive Director, Association of University Centers on Disabilities
- Aaron M. Kaufman Disability Advocate
- Charles MacArthur Professor, School of Education, University of Delaware
- Mark Perriello President and CEO of AAPD
- Michael Ashley Stein Harvard Law School Project on Disability
- Allison Wohl Harvard Law School Project on Disability
- Lee Page Associate Advocacy Director, Paralyzed Veterans of America
- Ms. Susan Pollack Senior Procurement Analyst, Office of the Under Secretary of Defense for Acquisition, Technology, and Logistics
- David Staten Ph.D, LPC, CRC, NCC, BCC President-Elect, American Rehabilitation Counseling Association; CEO, MERGE Counseling and Coaching LLC
Each year, SourceAmerica holds a National Training and Achievement Conference that honors employees with significant disabilities, customers and programs that demonstrate outstanding support of SourceAmerica and the AbilityOne® program. The awards program offers an opportunity to recognize five of the most outstanding employees with disabilities employed through the SourceAmerica Network of more than 1,000 community nonprofit agencies.
SourceAmerica also presents thirteen awards to the federal agencies, nonprofit organizations and private companies committed to making a difference in their communities and in the lives of people with significant disabilities. Nominations come from across the country, filled with stories of inspiring people and organizations. The awards will be presented at the National Training and Achievement Conference May 5-7, 2114, at the Hilton Bayfront, San Diego, CA.
Established in 1974, SourceAmerica creates job opportunities for a skilled and dedicated workforce: people with significant disabilities. We are the vital link between this exceptional workforce, a network of more than 1,200 community-based nonprofits, and the federal government and commercial companies that need the products and services this workforce provides. Headquartered in Vienna, VA, SourceAmerica provides the agency network with business development, contract management, legislative and regulatory assistance, communications and public relations materials, information technology support, engineering and technical assistance, and extensive professional training needed for successful nonprofit management. SourceAmerica is an AbilityOne® authorized enterprise.