QWE Practice Guideline: 310: Partner with organizations and peers in the local community
Target group: Any organization supporting individuals with disabilities and veterans
As part of Tresco's efforts to recruit veterans and increase veteran placements, we have become a mentor for the New Mexico Committee for Employer Support of Guard and Reserve (ESGR).
Subject matter experts/trainers
- Staff with knowledge of veterans needs and supports, especially in regard to civilian employment.
- ESGR is a DoD Agency designed to work with employers to educate, train, and encourage employers to hire unemployed or under employed members of the National Guard/Reserve.
- As a mentor, Tresco is a resource and provides assistance to returning soldiers in resume writing, incorporating military experience, interviewing skills, and providing direct referrals.
- Tresco's focus is National Guard/Reserve personnel that have experienced a disability from their service and are experiencing barriers to new employment or reentering a job held prior to deployment.
- Tresco is committed to working with existing employers in our community to help the reentry process and to hiring individuals for AbilityOne® contracts.
NPA: Tresco Location: Las Cruces, NM Date Submitted: 2013 Website: https://sub.trescoinc.org/
Resources: Quality Work Environment Workbook