Creating Inclusive Work Environments
QWE Practice Guideline: 440: Demonstrate the value of employees with disabilities
Target group: All organizations that employ persons with disabilities
By policy, no Work Services Corporation (WSC) employee is excluded from any company-sponsored social activity.
By policy, no Work Services Corporation (WSC) employee is excluded from any company-sponsored social activity. Social Activities include:
- Monthly Birthday Parties
- Valentine’s Day Party
- Halloween Party which includes costumes and office “trick or treat"
- Holiday Party which includes festive meal, live band, visit by Santa and Mrs. Claus, carol singing, holiday gift card to each employee
- Three Barbeque Lunches each year
- Two Fishing Trips to Board Member’s Ranch each year
- Company Picnic
- Veteran’s Recognition Event
- National Disability Employment Awareness Month Luncheon
- Employee Recognition Luncheon
- Safety Pizza Parties
- Military Public Health Excellent Rating Pizza Parties
- As a result of these inclusion practices, employees with disabilities are made part of the WSC social and work culture.
- Employees with disabilities participate in activities that facilitate communication with their peers and with persons without disabilities, broadening the scope of their social interactions.
NPA: Work Services Corporation Location: Wichita Falls, TX Date Submitted: 2011 Website: https://www.workservicescorp.com/
Resources: Quality Work Environment Workbook