Certified Nurse's Assistant Training Program
QWE Practice Guideline: 311: Develop relationships with local organizations and the business community to provide opportunities for enhancing skills development and employment
Target group: All organizations that employ persons with disabilities
Certified Nurse’s Assistant Training Program was created by developing relationships and collaborating with the Tennessee Higher Education Commission. Upon completion of coursework, students may sit for the Tennessee State Nurse Aide Training (NAT) exam and become a State-Certified Nursing Assistant.
Subject matter experts/trainers
- Certified nursing instructor or partnership
- Nursing equipment and lab, or access to them
- Build connections with local schools, referral sources, and members of the healthcare community to offer certified nurse’s assistant training.
- Standard operating procedures
- Training curriculum
- Job aids
- Increased upward mobility
- Increased community connections
NPA: Goodwill Industries Knoxville Location: Knoxville, TN Date Submitted: 2013 Website: https://www.gwiktn.org/cna
Resources: Quality Work Environment Workbook