The 2021 Design Challenge Finals Event will be hosted as a virtual awards show on Wednesday, April 7, 2021.
The 90-minute awards show, hosted by actor and disability advocate RJ Mitte, features project presentations from the finalist teams, judges remarks, awards, and a special announcement about the future of Design Challenge. Attendees will be able to vote in a new award category, the People’s Choice Award, during the live event.
The virtual awards show is free to the public and everyone is encouraged to attend.
Follow the instructions below to access the event:
- You must register for the event to access the virtual event platform.
- Use this link to access the virtual event platform: https://cvent.me/yqzEQZ
- Insert the first name, last name, and email address used to register for the event.
- You will receive an email with a verification code. Check your email and insert the six-digit verification code when prompted.
- Click on “2021 Design Challenge Finals Event”.
- Click on “Join Session” to start viewing the virtual awards show.
Our Event Host
RJ is best known for playing Walt Jr. on the Emmy-winning AMC drama Breaking Bad, – like his character on the show, he also battles with cerebral palsy. In addition to that star-making role, RJ has appeared on the big and small screen, captivating audiences on Showtime’s Weeds, NBC’s Vegas, Freeform’s Switched at Birth and CW’s Everybody Hates Chris. Throughout his rise to fame, his cerebral palsy has never deterred his drive to succeed or stopped him from doing what he loves.
- Projects Due - March 15, 2021
- Finalists Announcement - March 22, 2021
- Registration Deadline to Attend the Finals Event - April 2, 2021
- Finals Award Show Event - April 7, 2021