Board Current Needs
The call for applications will close on November 30, 2019.
All nominees should be willing to actively and passionately engage with the current Board to help govern SourceAmerica.
The Governance Committee has defined the need for diversity of skill sets and perspectives delineated below:
- Individuals who contribute to the Board's diversity of race, national origin, religion, age, color, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, disability, protected veteran status or any other characteristics protected by local, state, or federal laws, rules or regulations.
- Disability advocates to include people with disabilities who have experience and connections with broader (non AbilityOne) disability employment fields such as with Special Olympics and/or other disability advocacy groups.
- Individuals who have a national understanding and/or connections with commercial business, particularly those businesses who hire individuals with significant disabilities.
- Well-respected and recognized individuals with access to, and influence with, senior federal officials, Congressional members and their staff.
- Those individuals with key experience:
- Including commercial business development;
- Brand and marketing;
- Political savvy, grant or foundation experience; and
- Senior federal contracting experience.
- Self-advocates with disabilities and parents or siblings of people with disabilities.
- Individuals with military service experience and/or Veterans Affairs issues.
- Experience as a small business owner.
- Workforce development experience including but not limited to experience in the field of competitive integrated employment.
If you have specific questions or need assistance, please email Board.Inquiries@SourceAmerica.org.