NCSE Management Excellence Award Eligibility and Criteria
- To be eligible for nomination for an NCSE Management Excellence Award, individuals must be nominated by a nonprofit agency that produces products or services under the AbilityOne® Program.
- Nominees at all management levels may be nominated.
- Nominees must be employed by a participating nonprofit agency that provides products or services within the territory of the nomination.
- Nominees must have been employed by the producing nonprofit agency during the entire year prior to nomination. Or the nominee must have been employed by the producing nonprofit agency for part of the year and then retired.
Nominees must have displayed leadership excellence in the management of a participating nonprofit agency and increased employment opportunities for people with disabilities during the entire year prior to the nomination. Examples include:
- Expanded an AbilityOne contract
- Substantially increased competitive placements outside of the nonprofit agency
- Significantly boosted supported employment placements outside of the nonprofit agency
- Used an AbilityOne contract as the foundation for increasing contracts with state government or private industry
- Advocated at the local, state, or national level
- Developed innovative management practices