SourceAmerica 2021 Virtual Conference “Know Before the Show” Attendee Guide
To ensure you are ready for the conference to kick-off, we have outlined some helpful tips for your convenience.
Attendee Hub: Navigating the Conference
Login to the Attendee Hub before the first day, so that you’re ready to go Monday morning. The Hub will enable attendees to create a personalized calendar, connect with others across the platform, and smoothly navigate from session to session. View this video for tips to navigate the Virtual Attendee Hub.
GrubHub: Lunch is on us!
Each paid registrant will receive a $30 credit per day from Grubhub for three days - Monday, May 17, Tuesday, May 18, and Wednesday, May 19. Check your email for further details on how to access the credit!
Virtual SWAG Box
Dive inside your Attendee Experience Box – there’s so much to explore!
Google Chrome is the recommended internet browser to access the conference. If you do not have Google Chrome on your computer, you can download it here. You can also use Mozilla Firefox or Safari, as both internet browsers will work with the platform. Please note: Internet Explorer and Edge are NOT compatible with the Cvent system.
It is essential that you make sure that your operating system meets our minimum technical requirements. You can test your internet speed, firewall, operating system, web browser, microphone, and webcams required to participate by visiting bigmarker.com/system_check.
Check with your NPA’s IT department to ensure you do not have any pop-up blockers or spyware installed that would limit your access to the event platform.
SourceAmerica will host two pre-event webinars, each with identical content. Conference participants are encouraged to attend one of these two sessions:
During the webinar, you will receive a guided tour through the Cvent Virtual Attendee Hub that will be used to navigate to conference sessions.
Attending this webinar will ensure that your conference experience goes smoothly!
Attending a Virtual Conference
Work and home life never stop! When you attend a virtual conference, it can become even harder to focus, even if only for an hour or two at a time. We recommend that you:
- Block off your calendar. You chose to attend a virtual conference because you saw value in the speakers, educational sessions, and networking opportunities; do not throw away the time you have to learn and grow.
- Build in time for breaks. Remember to stand and stretch so you can remain focused and engaged. (We have scheduled some breaks in, so you can add those to your calendar!)
- Take notes. Write down memorable comments on paper and keep your computer free for viewing.
- Set up a time to review and re-watch. Set aside time each day of the conference or on the final day to review your notes and make the most of the content you have absorbed. You will be able to re-watch content for 90 days after the conference ends, so make plans to take advantage of that opportunity.
- Stay Engaged. Make the most of the wide variety of activities that are offered throughout the conference.
Dress for your virtual conference the way you would for an in-person meeting. Keep it simple and opt for button-up or collared shirts, smooth/plain fabrics, and ensure sure there is enough contrast between your background and what you wear.
For those of you who have been working remotely, video conferencing platforms have become a daily tool. During this virtual event, some training sessions will redirect participants to Zoom, while others remain on the Cvent Attendee Hub. Below are a few best practices for these platforms, broken down by when they may be relevant:
Before the Meeting
- As a participant, we encourage you to turn on your camera to further the "in-person" feel of the meeting!
- Be aware of your surroundings. Adjust your work setup so that you have plenty of light but avoid blinding backlighting. Make sure your background is workplace appropriate.
- Check your microphone and camera beforehand and troubleshoot any issues before the start of the meeting.
During the Meeting
- All session participants will be unmuted upon arriving at the session and automatically muted when sessions start. During Q&A portions, all attendees will be unmuted. Use the mute feature when you are not speaking.
- Use the "Q&A" box to ask questions during a session in the Cvent Attendee Hub; the chat feature will be used when redirected to Zoom. The moderator will monitor this feature and will address questions as time permits. Only appropriate questions will be approved.
- Each session will begin with a few “housekeeping” items, followed by an introduction to the session by the chair(s).
- State your name before asking a question or speaking so that everyone knows who is talking.
- You will be able to send one-on-one chats to anyone in the session. Please keep in mind that all chat box discussions will be logged into the system and available to download after the meeting.
- Remember that you are on camera, and all conference participants can see you stretch or wander around the room. These exaggerated movements are distracting to the audience and can be disruptive to the speaker. Please try to stay still and attentive or stop your video.
Screen Viewing Options for Zoom
- Gallery View - This option shows all participants on the screen (or on multiple screens for larger groups) all at once.
- Speaker View - This option shows only the person speaking on full screen. Your view bounces back and forth depending on who is speaking at the time.
- Change your Display Name - To change your name after entering a Zoom meeting, hover your mouse over the three dots (…) in the upper right-hand corner of your Zoom window. Click on "Rename" and add your name, followed by your NPA name.
While a virtual meeting changes the way we interact, networking is possible! There will be no shortage of ways to engage and connect with others during the 2021 SourceAmerica Virtual National Conference. You’ll have the ability to see who else is attending and book meetings with new or old connections. Brain Breaks have been scheduled between each breakout session; some lasting for 30 minutes. While these will allow you to catch up on work or at-home responsibilities, they are also chances to recap the previous session, ask a burning question, or just say "hello!" to other conference attendees.
Review the full list of the networking opportunities, happy hours, and prize giveaways.
Let the Games Begin!
Have fun during the conference and win great prizes! GameSpot is our built-in competition that enables you to earn points for using Attendee Hub. Points will be displayed on the Leaderboard, which will list the current top 50 players and will be updated throughout the conference.
- 1st Prize: Apple iPad ($329 value)
- 2nd Prize: Apple AirPods Pro ($249 value)
- 3rd Prize: Apple Watch Series 3 ($199 value)
To play, be sure to select “Join Game” to begin earning points. You may also opt-out of the game at any time. The game starts Monday morning, May 17, and concludes Wednesday afternoon, May 19. Winners will be notified after the conference. Complete game rules will be posted inside Game Spot.
Get to Know the Exhibitors
Join the Expo Hall throughout the conference to connect with exhibitors and sponsors. The Expo Hall will be open from 9 a.m. – 11 a.m. ET on Tuesday, May 18, and Wednesday, May 19. Select the Exhibitor tab within the Attendee Hub to connect with our sponsors.
Conference registrants will have access to watch recorded presentations on demand for 90 days (beginning May 23 and ending August 15). Handouts and presentations, if available, will appear in the “Files” tab on the session page below the session description. An email will be sent with more information and instructions for accessing the videos.
During the Conference:
After each session, you will be prompted to complete a concise survey of your session experience. Completing post-session surveys will also earn you points on “Game Spot” if you choose to compete.
After the Conference:
A link to a more in-depth survey will be emailed to you on the last day of the conference. If you miss the opportunity, another link will be sent one week following the conference.
Only producing NPAs and affiliate NPAs undergoing the NPA Verification Process are eligible for Training Incentive Program (TIP) reimbursements. NPAs must attend at least four sessions in their entirety to request TIP reimbursement. Roundtable sessions are eligible as they will include training content.
Since the event is virtual, SourceAmerica will not scan badges. SourceAmerica will have a report of which session(s) and how long an individual attended. You may only request TIP reimbursement to cover conference registration fees for this 2021 virtual event.
Conference registrants will have access to watch recorded presentations on demand for 90 days (beginning May 23 and ending August 15). Handouts and presentations, if available, will appear in the “Files” tab on the session page below the session description. An email will be sent with more information and instructions for accessing the videos
SourceAmerica will provide support staff to address your needs during the conference. Please contact any member of the planning team for assistance.
|Virtual Platform||Learning Solutions on behalf of CVENT||TRConference@SourceAmerica.org|
|Grubhub Meal Vouchers||Meeting & Event Services||Events@SourceAmerica.org|
There will be live Support Desks if you run into issues while in the Attendee Hub. Attendees will be able to click on a Support tab at the top of the page. There you will find two options - Event Accessibility Support and Hub Tech Support.
There will be live Support Booths if you run into issues while in the Attendee Hub. Attendees will be able to click on the Exhibitor tab at the top of the page. Among the exhibitors there you will find two options – WCAG Accessibility Support and Hub Tech Support. Hours of operation for both varie, the times can be located within each support booth.
Hours of operation for both are:
- Monday, May 17, 9 a.m. – 11:30 a.m. and 1 p.m. – 3 p.m. ET
- Tuesday, May 18, 9 a.m. – 11:30 a.m., 12 p.m. – 1:15 p.m., and 2 p.m. – 5 p.m. ET
You may still have questions about the event and need additional information. We have compiled a list of frequently asked questions on the FAQs page to help support your attendee experience.