NCSE Management Excellence Awards Eligibility and Criteria
- Individuals employed by nonprofit agencies that provide products or services under the AbilityOne® Program are eligible to be nominated for an NCSE Management Excellence Award.
- Nominees at all management levels may be nominated.
- Nominees must be employed by a participating nonprofit agency that provides products or services within the region of the nomination.
- Nominees must have been a staff member or retiree of the participating nonprofit agency during the previous fiscal year.
Those nominated must have displayed leadership excellence in the management of a participating nonprofit agency and increased employment opportunities for people with disabilities during the previous fiscal year. Examples include:
- Expanded an AbilityOne contract;
- Substantially increased competitive placements outside of the nonprofit agency;
- Significantly boosted supported employment placements outside of the nonprofit agency;
- Used an AbilityOne contract as the foundation for increasing contracts with state government or private industry;
- Advocated at the local, state or national level; and
- Developed innovative management practices.